Where are my Florida dive buddies

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm in Vero Beach and Ft. Lauderdale this week :D
Viz wasn't so good yesterday and today but no oil!

Diving in these days of the oil disaster? I will be looking to get wet soon and need to know what the latest conditions are and if there is any charters still operating in the Panhandle.

The oil hit PCB this past weekend. I've heard there are only 1 or 2 charters operating out of PCB; the others are doing contract work on the oil leak. I'm not sure how accurate that information is, though. Pensacola smells like oil, and I'm not talking about in the water...in Pensacola.

Looks like it might be time for a cavern course and some spring diving...

Would like to be in Broward too, but will probably hit some canoe-able springs asap. I haven't been wet since June 1 (a new record I think) but part of that is family stuff, and not just the oil.

Been diving every weekend :) in the panhandle.

Dove the Red Sea and Bridge Span 12 off PCB on the 12th. There was no sign of oil there then. Panama City Dive Center has committed their boats to oil work. Dive Locker is still running charters. I don't know about Diver's Den or any of the other charters out of PC.

LOL, it'll be OK, really :D

I just finished with my promotional exams at work and eneded up #1 on the list and should be promoted next week. I am planning on hitting some springs here soon. I have my canoe as well as a kayak. I was kinda thinking of an early Cypress run and then heading over to Morrison and/or Vortex.

Back
Top Bottom