Where Are All The Bees?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't know about anyone else in other parts of the country but after having seen programs regarding the demise of the North American Honey Bee. I'm finding it to bee all to true its spring here in New England Flowers are blooming and all that but I don't see any bees, this is one of the most evident natural phenomenas that I have ever witnessed. In my front yard we have a hedge row of Forsythia 80 ft long 15 feet high 10 feet deep in full bloom with not a bee to be found on it.View attachment 45478
As well as other flowering trees and plants and still no bees. I'm starting to think this is one warning that we can not ignore. Has anyone else noticed this?:shakehead:

Part of it seems to be related to stress.

The bees that live in a fixed location are doing pretty good this year (at least around here), while the bees that get trucked around the country are doing not-so-well.

It might be that the un-stressed bees are just having an easier time fighting whatever infection is killing them.

Terry

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom