Where are all the Beach Crabs?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm out of the water for a couple of weeks because of work and been out of town. I took the opportunity to get my reg serviced and have my computer fixed. But I'll be on the spectre on the 25th with a friend who hasn't dove in a while. Come along.

I was thinking of starting up the weekly night dives - who's up for it?

greg

Count me in. I miss the night dives.

Beach works best for me, it's a lot easier than committing to a full-day trip, with children at home.... tell me more about those sites...

All three of them are some of my Fav. Spots.

Deer Creek - is more exposed to the elements then Leo, usualy a sandy entrance. Has kelp, fish and other critters their, big and small. Can do at high or low tide. Deepest i've gotten here is 35ft at high tide!

Leo Little cove - Little walk up and down some stairs. Narrow entry way in and out of the water can do at high or low tide. Alot of Marine life id you know where to go with a some what long surface swim. Got to 40ft at high tide. Usualy better Viz. here then at deer creek.

Leo S. Side - Best to do at high tide, Due to rocks. But can be done at low tide if their is no surf. Alot of marine life fish, lobster, Inverts you name it. got to about 40ft at high tide. Usualy a longer surface swim then the other two. Lots of surfers around the rocks to dodge!

Deer Creek - is more exposed to the elements then Leo, usualy a sandy entrance. Has kelp, fish and other critters their, big and small. Can do at high or low tide. Deepest i've gotten here is 35ft at high tide!

Leo Little cove - Little walk up and down some stairs. Narrow entry way in and out of the water can do at high or low tide. Alot of Marine life id you know where to go with a some what long surface swim. Got to 40ft at high tide. Usualy better Viz. here then at deer creek.

Leo S. Side - Best to do at high tide, Due to rocks. But can be done at low tide if their is no surf. Alot of marine life fish, lobster, Inverts you name it. got to about 40ft at high tide. Usualy a longer surface swim then the other two. Lots of surfers around the rocks to dodge!

I could be up for a south side dive... you know thats my spot right airhead!!!

I'm game, where are these sites?

I could be up for a south side dive... you know thats my spot right airhead!!!

I know but that spot is so Awesome!

I'm game, where are these sites?
Deer Creek is a Few miles S. of Pt. Mugu Rock across from deer creek rd on PCH.

Leo is at Leo Carrillo State beach along PCH but we don't park inside we park along the road and walk in!
Would post maps but dont really know how to mark them and then post them :)

I think we're talking about a beach dive on the 25th.

John

Yep we are talking a becah dive!
I will not go on the Specter again unless you are DMing John! The DM almost lost my Fin over board! The idiot set it down on the swim step! But the rest of the crew where nice!

I'll be on the GE Saturday and again in August (see signature), any interest?

No becah dives for me if I can go on a boat!

Come on now! That ain't the spirit! Beach dives are cheap and fun!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom