When will Coz re-open?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The worlds largest holder of airlines stock, Warren Buffet just dumped all his holdings in the various airlines. Does not look good, the industry love it or hate it may be changing drastically in a few months.
The mindset of the airlines has been to pack as many people as possible into the smallest space, which is totally incompatible with the virus situation. The airlines will have to totally rethink their model to get passengers flying again.

The mindset of the airlines has been to pack as many people as possible into the smallest space, which is totally incompatible with the virus situation. The airlines will have to totally rethink their model to get passengers flying again.
I agree they will have to rethink their model. It sucked that they decreased leg room on virtually all airlines just to squeeze a few extra rows in already packed planes few years back. Unfortunately, their new models will probably result in higher priced tickets, making air travel less accessible like it was in the early years of air industry.

911 changed the airline industry forever. So will this.

I have faith that as long as a market exists and the technology exists to serve that market, a way will be found to put the two together. What that will look like for airlines in the future, we can only speculate.

... So will this....
100% agree, we are never going back to the 'way it used to be'.

Before 9/11 travelers screamed at invasion of privacy at airport security.
Now the scanning machines are so clear and vivid they can see all your private body parts naked on a computer monitor and travelers think nothing of it and just comply. {ohh, look who has a piercing down there} .The same will happen with venue screenings. Masks, temp scans, nose/mouth swabs, finger blood pricks, contact tracing/tracking, etc, etc.
People complained about taking off their shoes, and they will complain about a venue's new rules too.
We are never going back to the ' way it used to be '.

I can't help it, but am a worst scenario types. I carry DAN insurance and I also buy trip insurance. I worry about the slim chance of ending up in a hospital in Mexico and not getting released until bill is paid in full-cash only. I have read and heard first hand stories of people who were begging family and friends to send money through Western Union so they can get discharged instead of jailed. I wonder if a pandemic diagnosis may provide a loophole for insurers to avoid covering claim.

I wonder if a pandemic diagnosis may provide a loophole for insurers to avoid covering claim.
I've reread my Trip insurance Exclusions and I don't see any problems.

I agree they will have to rethink their model. It sucked that they decreased leg room on virtually all airlines just to squeeze a few extra rows in already packed planes few years back. Unfortunately, their new models will probably result in higher priced tickets, making air travel less accessible like it was in the early years of air industry.
This is the problem. And they are unlikely to be able to get passengers far enough apart to avoid disease transmission. Consider if you think all first class seats would be adequate? How about all first class with only one seat each side? Not going to be effective and prices would quadruple. As people couldn't afford to fly the prices would have to rise again for the remaining passengers.

This is the problem. And they are unlikely to be able to get passengers far enough apart to avoid disease transmission. Consider if you think all first class seats would be adequate? How about all first class with only one seat each side? Not going to be effective and prices would quadruple. As people couldn't afford to fly the prices would have to rise again for the remaining passengers.
How about those masks that fall from the ceiling when there's a depressurization? Run them all the time with filtered or outside air.

How about those masks that fall from the ceiling when there's a depressurization? Run them all the time with filtered or outside air.
They only add a bit of oxygen to the cabin air you are already breathing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom