When to Take AOW

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

eckybay, I'm with you. I got my OW certification the first weekend in June and I am signed up for my AOW in August. My club has a minimum of 10 logged dives before you can do your AOW and the instructor says I am more than ready for it. I already have the 10 dives and hope to get as many more in as I can before then.

We have room in our class in August if you wanna jump in :)

I live near Frankc420 and of course, he is my dive buddy. Hopefully in the next few weeks, we can get the AOW done and be able to dive a little deeper for the big "O". Being we live about three hours from Pensacola, we might be frequenting big "O" quite often.

Congratz and get the AOW asap.... I am!

Michael

I'd say to take the AOW sooner rather than later. As others have said, it is nice to do more challenging OW dives with an instructor around, who may make some useful comments or hints. I knew I had a long way to go after wrapping up my OW cert dives, but it wasn't until I did most of my AOW dives that I realized just how far I really had to still go! Been a great experience for me and my AOW dives have pushed me to sign up for a few specialty classes already because I want to be prepared.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom