When there is no helium or it costs $$$??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexxred

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm curious what the DIR perspective is on diving within 40-50m rang when there is no helium available or it costs mega bucks.

For example here in Australia, to fill twin 12L tanks your looking at around $200AUD. That's about 170USD. In New Zealand it is even more expensive, like 12c a litre!!

Furthermore what if where you are diving you don't have access to helium. Am i right in saying it would just simply be that you don't do the dive?

I'm not DIR but I'm fairly certain I read on a DIR/GUE resource that when diving below 100ft divers are encouraged to add helium to their breathing gases.

Furthermore what if where you are diving you don't have access to helium. Am i right in saying it would just simply be that you don't do the dive?

No. You don't go to that place in the first place.

No. You don't go to that place in the first place.

And every single GUE standard is written to an END (with oxygen being narcotic) of 100 fsw / 30 msw or less. No exceptions. Never any mention of an exception from any GUE instructor.

The DIR answer would be that you either arrange to have the appropriate gases available, or you don't do that dive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom