When, if ever is it safe for a diver to make multiple trips from the bottom to surface in one dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm surprised no one has been bent or suffered a lung injury.
We pound it in their head from minute number one......never hold your breath and ALWAYS do a slow, controlled ascent. Of course we're there to "remind" them if they don't. :wink:

You'll have to ask Suunto for any details, and they won't tell you.
They reportedly penalize you for sawtooth profiles, fast ascents, and short surface intervals.
In addition to adding one percent to whatever FO2 you enter so as to lessen your MOD.
Um.....The profile I posted was downloaded from an Eon Core via the Suunto app. LOL! :)

Um.....The profile I posted was downloaded from an Eon Core via the Suunto app. LOL! :)
The penalty shows up as a reduced NDL on the next dive.

Some situations might call for a more specific visual aid or updated compass heading
If you and your buddies keep protruding your heads out of water where it shouldn't be, some kayak, jet ski, or someone using an electric outboard is going to do some serious injury. Take a float with you.

If you and your buddies keep protruding your heads out of water where it shouldn't be, some kayak, jet ski, or someone using an electric outboard is going to do some serious injury. Take a float with you.
I dove like that a lot, in Oregon where there was never anything on the surface to worry about. Was in La Jolla Cove once with my kids, wanted to make sure we were were I thought we were, so I bounced up and right into a group of kayaks that hadn't been there when we'd started the dive. A reminder to look up!

I dove like that a lot, in Oregon where there was never anything on the surface to worry about. Was in La Jolla Cove once with my kids, wanted to make sure we were were I thought we were, so I bounced up and right into a group of kayaks that hadn't been there when we'd started the dive. A reminder to look up!
Yes, you have to be aware of your surroundings. In the NY area I always carry a flag, not just because it's the law. In Nova Scotia I have never seen a boat anywhere around me and that's probably over 6-700 dives there. I can't even get any info. on if there is a flag law here, but consensus is no. I still look up and put my hand over my head most of the time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom