When exhale, the air hurts my ears...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Maybe just an earband? Like skiing?

Bubbles also seem to get trapped in my ears, but it caused more of a problem with equalizing than anything else - so i just tilt my head once in a while to release whatever air is caught in there. I found the hood to be a good solution to keep ears warm and air out, but they also seem to suck in a bit and are not so good to equalize with for me.

Answered my own question. If anyone's interested here's the new and the old:

panorama.jpg

panorama.jpg

scubaqueen1.jpg

scubaqueen2.jpg

same happened to me until I changed my regulator...what a relief

D1V3R:
just get a reg that doesnt vent off to the sides like that
and adjust the way you float in the water so your more horizontal, and then the bubbles wont be going by your ears

One more vote for 1 to 3 mil beanies. Besides reducing bubble noise and pressure, my mask stays in place and my hair doesn't get tangled. And best of all, it allows me to keep my long bangs in the summer -- no Mr. It looks on the surface.

Check your exhaust ports, if they are wide open the ports create large exhaust bubbles. My Zeagles regs are like that and Apex and some other seconds stages have a plastic criss/cross built into the exhaust ports making the bubbles smaller. In the process of making something to fit into my zeagle exhaust ports as we speak.

Check your exhaust ports, if they are wide open the ports create large exhaust bubbles. My Zeagles regs are like that and Apex and some other seconds stages have a plastic criss/cross built into the exhaust ports making the bubbles smaller. In the process of making something to fit into my zeagle exhaust ports as we speak.

Hi LarryMarsh, welcome to Scubaboard. You are replying to a thread from 2006. Your information may still be welcome to a reader but it's unlikely that the original poster in this thread hasn't dealt with it by now.

Also, please check your Conversations, you'll find a private message there from me.

Back
Top Bottom