When does hurricane season start? Adrian's ahead of the game!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

simbrooks

Snr LayZboy Meteorologist
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
When does hurricane season start again? I thought it was the end of the month - it seems TS Adrian wasnt given the memo. I like the curve on this one, it just misses FL, but only after a wild kink to the east at Cuba - are we sure that Adrian wont want to visit the Keys or DisneyWorld sometime in around 5 days????

I just don't think I'm ready for this...

simbrooks:
When does hurricane season start again? I thought it was the end of the month - it seems TS Adrian wasnt given the memo. I like the curve on this one, it just misses FL, but only after a wild kink to the east at Cuba - are we sure that Adrian wont want to visit the Keys or DisneyWorld sometime in around 5 days????
Hurricane Season in Florida begins officially on June 1st and continues through November 30th. I guess this is sort of like pre-season football... gives us all a chance to work out our defensive strategies before the real games begin!

I still have a bunch of canned goods and such in from last year, the AC converter is near the truck (only generator we have) and batteries, gas stove and lights all set to go. This time we are getting a fan and of course i have to stock up on water and other dried goods.

So do i take it the rest of you arent looking forward to the pre-season?

I have the motel 6 in Brunswick and Richmond Hill, Ga on speed dial.

I haven't checked the latest updates..but thought Adrian was the first Pacific storm and will only be a low when it gets into the Caribbean? Does that count as our first storm of the season??

I guess I'm not ready for this either.....

Whassamatta???

A little hurricane got ya all fluffed up?

Yo Adrian! Ya ain't nuthin' but a Tropical Storm baby! Head back out to the atlantic like a good storm.

Adrian's definitely early. There's a patch of overly warm water in the Pacific - odd...
The water temp in the Caribbean won't support a full blown storm yet, so if it does make it all the way across Central America it'll fizzle. No worries.
E

The season in the east Pacific starts two weeks earlier than in the Atlantic.

Remember the seasons are only guidlines and it pays to watch any storm systems that are active.

Prepare but don't freak out.

I am not freaking out, I am moving to Alaska! :11:

No really, the huricanes or lack of them is only one factor in my move and not the most important. :eyebrow:

Current forecasts are showing it as only a depression over the Caribbean, but even so it doesnt seem like we have had much of a winter break between the last storms and now. Depressions can still be rather wet - just what we need with the recent flooding i guess, keep the ground nice and saturated before the real storms come in!

Also the forecasters are surprised its this early and the storm is moving to the NE - just look how surprised they were last year with the bout of storms!

BTW - i have yet to "stock up", nor do i feel the need to quite yet, but most of that stuff i mentioned is from last year's supply.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom