What's your "thing?"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So are what you folks are calling "faux" wrecks artificial / sunk intentionally? If yes, then I am all for them and have had the pleasure of diving all of them in BC. One thing for sure in the salt is....... "if you sink it, they will come". I wish that the US / WA State would get past all of their red tape and create more artificial reefs.

My favorite non artificial wrecks up here in the PNW are the Diamond Knot and the Capilano.

1648316738359.png

This may not be the best forum (subforum?) - more seasoned members please feel to roast me and send me to a more appropriate home for this. Or mods relocate if possible.

Anyway, I'm curious about what people are interested in underwater - other than the obvious. Sharks and rays, honu and the usual are easy, as are geological formations and wrecks. Here in the PNW it is GPOs, lumpsuckers, nudis, wolf eels and our golden bull the six gilled shark.

My first holy **** moment was a giant manta, and mantas and skates still fascinate me. But when I dive in Puget Sound and my buddies immediately drop to the bottom for the usual, I'm pumping the brakes and hanging out less than 20' down. Why? Bioluminescent jellies. They are everywhere and if you slow down a bit, cool as hell, IMO.

Yours?
haven't finished open water but I know mine will be wrecks.

haven't finished open water but I know mine will be wrecks.

If you do dive Great Lakes wrecks, please read up on the wrecks you’ll be diving before diving them. Knowing the history really adds to your dive. IMO, the wrecks are wasted on people who can’t be bothered to do any research beforehand.

If you do dive Great Lakes wrecks, please read up on the wrecks you’ll be diving before diving them. Knowing the history really adds to your dive. IMO, the wrecks are wasted on people who can’t be bothered to do any research beforehand.
definitely will! :)

This may not be the best forum (subforum?) - more seasoned members please feel to roast me and send me to a more appropriate home for this. Or mods relocate if possible.

Anyway, I'm curious about what people are interested in underwater - other than the obvious. Sharks and rays, honu and the usual are easy, as are geological formations and wrecks. Here in the PNW it is GPOs, lumpsuckers, nudis, wolf eels and our golden bull the six gilled shark.

My first holy **** moment was a giant manta, and mantas and skates still fascinate me. But when I dive in Puget Sound and my buddies immediately drop to the bottom for the usual, I'm pumping the brakes and hanging out less than 20' down. Why? Bioluminescent jellies. They are everywhere and if you slow down a bit, cool as hell, IMO.

Yours?
More interested in some of the science and techniques of diving. As far as what to go see, I like naval and maritime history so eventually, seeing ships will likely be high on my list. I'd like to put Truk on the list some day.

Not so excited as some others by fishy or crawly or just wave-in-the-current things, but I put GGG (Goliath Grouper Gathering) somewhere on the list... "a five pound bass?? That's not a big bass! THIS is a big bass!!!"

OMMOHY

I am primarily a salt water diver up here in the PNW...... and as a non vegetarian, I like to hunt for my seafood. But I will say that I LOVE some of the fresh water lakes up here diving for Crawdads.... Love those little fresh water lobsters. Do they have them in the great Lakes?

Back
Top Bottom