What's your style?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TSandM:
What's your style, and is it related to a secondary activity?

I think if I moved any slower on most dives that people would try to wake me up.

If I have a job to do it's rhythm that I go for as opposed to speed.

R..

The slower I go, the longer I get to stay - I like it down there :D.

I like to move pretty fast and cover a lot of ground

On some dives I might not move any more than a couple of square feet. On others I will go as fast, as hard and as deep as I can for as long as it takes. Then there are the dives between the two. :D

Gary D.

I usually bring up the rear. I wait for all the creatures to come back out from their hiding places after most everyone else has zoomed over the reef. I get the best shots that way.

The slower the better........

As long as I'm just sightseeing (and that sometimes means photography and video) my partners and I take it pretty slow. However, if we're doing surveys and census counts, then we might rove a bit faster. We never, however, set a vigorous pace. Why waste the air?

I tend to go slow and hang out at spots I find interesting, most of the time I have a camera set in macro in my hands. I see no need to go fast or cover a lot of ground. While I don't hunt with a speargun, I am not sure I agree with hunters going fast. A slow easy approach is a lot more effective with a camera. I consider photography hunting with a different weapon.

Why waste the air?

well, usually I am first in and last out and because everyone is waiting the captain starts this annoying banging on the ladder which means I am late and gonna get grounded or scuba demerits, so, I can afford the air to use on this speed diving schedule of his. Someday soon, I will have my own boat and my own schedule.:D

I would say situations vary. If I crawl around like a snail on these guy's "schedule" I would come back with 200O pounds. Conserving air is not always my priority.

My husband shoots pictures, so we definitely have a "go slow" pace. If there isn't much to see in a given spot, we'll move a little and check things out. We both love to peer into holes with our lights and see if there's anything cool hiding.

Back
Top Bottom