What's your PO2?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just don't see the point of taking PP02 as the single, defining measure of a dive without taking exposure into consideration

I can understand that, I have met people that routinely deco at PPO2 = 2.0. They have good reasons, IMO, and it works for them. It wouldn't work for me at my current level of risk adversity.

So what kind of dive would you take the PPO2 to that level? I'm just trying to understand something I hadn't considered before.

in fairness, AJ wasn't being snarky.

I was though. I dont like the idea of promoting stuff like this on the internet. people die from this.

Man, this one one of those time I actually wasn't being snarky.

in fairness, AJ wasn't being snarky.

I was though. I dont like the idea of promoting stuff like this on the internet. people die from this.

I disagree that information in and of itself causes people to die. It is the person's inability to apply critical thinking and assess the risk in relation to themselves in applying that information that causes people to die. Most call this Darwinism.

I do not have to agree with people's standard of safety or reason to learn about their thought processes. I just want to hear their side of the story.

sounds like a dive you might be able to only pull off once

not superdivers.
internet heroes can pull it off. its a measure of the ratio of chest hair to brains

Welcome to Scubaboard folks, where if you express a different opinion to some people you're an internet hero and YOU'RE GUNNA DIE!!1!

Obviously words alone do not cause deaths, Jax.

However, bad information can and does cause deaths. If no one says "hey, thats unsafe" and others read it and emulate it, they could get injured or killed.

Thanks, Wookie -- will you help a newb understand why, or the reasoning behind, going that high?

I've read enough history to know the early divers went that high . . .

I get bored hanging on a rope at 30, 20, 10 feet. I learned from early divers. I've done a table 6. The table 6 has far far higher exposures than 2.0, and I wasn't affected by the exposure (well, except for this re-curring twitch :D ). I don't ever want to do another table 6 again. I'm not likely to spend more than 20 min on the bottom at those exposures anyway. I'm scared of rebreathers.

Back
Top Bottom