What's your PO2?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

. . . You could only do this by gas switching on OC.

I dont know anyone that has a computer where they are adjusting the algorithm underwater by entering m-values.

Nothing underwater, Chris; the Sol tracks three bottles and their associated EAN mix.

Last edited:
On CCR I follow the ANDI recomendation of 1.3 on bottom.

The ANDI recomendation for OC is a max. of 1.45 for the dive and 1.6 for your bailout/deco cylinder.

Bottom gas PPO2 of 1.5 where there is a physical bottom (floor) for that depth
Bottom gas PPO2 of 1.4 where there is not a physical bottom (floor) for the MOD of the dive

Strange distinction. Don't you trust your buoyancy control?

2.0 for bottom

That's a bit higher than the norm. Is this based on agency/training recommendations or personal risk assessment?

Oooops! I just realized I never put mine in. :blush:

OC - recreational and light tech 1.4 working 1.6 deco

OC - deeper tech 1.2 planned, 1.4 max for contingency 1.6 deco

CCR - short duration (< 2 hours) 1.2 working, 1.6 deco, 1.4-1.6 bottom bailout.

CCR - long duration (2+ hours) 1.0 working, 1.6 deco, 1.4-1.6 bottom bailout.

Do you have a reference for that Chris. I had not heard about a tox event below 1.2 before

I have heard of at least one incident of tox occurring in the 1.0-1.2 range and I *think* there was a discussion Thal was involved in that mentioned once incident significantly lower. I'll ask him to chime in if he recalls.

OC - 1.2

I don't have tech training and do recreational diving only so far.

So it sounds like everyone keeps to the NOAA recommendations as a minimum, but lowers the PPO2 for working, current, and/or time. Deco seems to be kept the same?

Back
Top Bottom