What's your PO2?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I used to be OK with 1.4 working gas and 1.6 max contingency.

Now I am more comfortable with 1.2-1.3 (favoring 1.2 or less) for working gas and 1.6 for deco as long as I am not going to be exerting myself on deco.

Are there any of you that does your loading calculations during the dive and deliberately choose your PPO according to the gradient?

I am not sure what you are asking here. Are you asking if people choose their pPO2 based on how far they want to drive the pressure gradient?

For the working portion of the dive, we (my dive buddy and I) keep it at 1.0-1.2.

For the deco portion it is at 1.6.

On extremely long dives (4 hrs+ -cave) we run .8 or .9, because by the end of those dives the CNS is getting high....and we deco on O2 in this scenario.

For ocean diving, the 1.0-1.2 is in case of adverse conditions.

The main driving force is flexibility and CNS.

On open circuit 1.4/1.6, though I sometimes go above these limits. My rich deco gas is never richer than 80%. On closed circuit it depends on the length of the dive - for short dives (up to ca. 2hrs) 1.3 on the CCR, 1.6 on O/C deco, for long dives 1.1 or 1.2 on the CCR, again 1.6 for rich deco.

How did you choose those values?

I don't have enough dives to have any real experience but was taught 1.4 max, 1.6 contingency and to lower those if conditions are anything less than benign , like cold water, current, or just not feeling up to snuff
... Instructor noted that he's started using a max 1.2 for the dive portion

1.2 bottom gas.....1.6 deco....1.2 as for being conservative as diving is mostly done in cold water with possible currents....

How did you choose those values?

Initially advice, then experience. I should say that when doing intensive back-to-back diving on CCR I tend to knock 0.1 off those values, just as a precaution. I've never so far had any oxygen problems.

I don't have O2 considerations on OW, single tank, NDL dives. It's very rare for my PPO2 to exceed 1 on such dives, & then only for a small amount of time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom