What's your knife preference for diving. a.k.a. show off your knives.

How often do you carry and use a knife or a cutter

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Don't have an UW knife preference, but think that an air-driven 30" chainsaw would be the cat's meow.
Michael
In the late 1970's I used to run a 36" inch Ackley hydraulic powered chainsaw to cut rotten pilings out from a pier we were repairing in Baltimore. It was the scariest thing that I have ever done in my life.

My set up is to use these curly bungees. They're kids shoelaces that you can buy in bulk off amazon or equiv. They stretch out far enough for me to use it either hand with my arm fully extended. Love em. Good for a GoPro too.
Spyderco Pacific stashed in the trim pocket of my Bc, bungee clipped onto a cable tie.

Attachments

• IMG_3752.JPG
    IMG_3752.JPG
    48.1 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_3753.JPG
    IMG_3753.JPG
    77 KB · Views: 81
In the late 1970's I used to run a 36" inch Ackley hydraulic powered chainsaw to cut rotten pilings out from a pier we were repairing in Baltimore. It was the scariest thing that I have ever done in my life.
The sound of the thing must have been a killer, no?
My big prob with a load of marine equipment is the noise level. Jack hammers etc making your teeth rattle out.

The sound of the thing must have been a killer, no?
My big prob with a load of marine equipment is the noise level. Jack hammers etc making your teeth rattle out.
Yes and water lasers / pressure washers. I used one that ran at 20,000+ psi which was very loud. I even wore earplugs

Yes and water lasers / pressure washers. I used one that ran at 20,000+ psi which was very loud. I even wore earplugs
I bet you could clean the hell out of a driveway with that, though.

Here is a picture of that nrs knife I was taking about

Attachments

• 598A7FD8-04A7-4C2A-B421-2D5E37415CC9.jpeg
    598A7FD8-04A7-4C2A-B421-2D5E37415CC9.jpeg
    68 KB · Views: 67
I bet you could clean the hell out of a driveway with that, though.
You can cut rebar with it. It also had a jet facing 180 degrees to the rear to conteract the thrust of it.

Trilobite cuts through net and line — a knife is pretty useless at that.

A knife for sawing through thicker rope

Carry one knife but two/three Trilobites (waist belt, under computers using their bungee mounts)

Back
Top Bottom