What's your knife preference for diving. a.k.a. show off your knives.

How often do you carry and use a knife or a cutter

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

drakcheslav

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
As the title says.
What do you dive with, brag about youf fancy or cheap or diy dive knives and such.

My personal preference is an SeaSword with ceramic blades on the waist band and Gerber River Shorty.

Nice sheat, you can clip it in, which is gread if you travel with your BCD and want to remove the knife before boarding the plane.

IMG_20200604_162737.jpg
IMG_20200604_162727.jpg

I have a couple of line cutters, I never go in the water with out them. Many ghost nets and fishing garbage.

We also have a lot of areas classified as a natural reserve which means you are not allowed to use a knife or risk a hefty fine, only line cutters allowed.

When I'm not in a reserve I also strap my aqua lung knife. Has a blunt tip so no one will get stabbed by accident , titanium so it doesn't rust. Sheath is holding up well after all this time.
20200605_131537.jpg

Trilobite/EZ-Cut/DGX skeleton line cutter or similar, and EMT Shears. Small skeleton TI knife (H or DGX) on belt, but actually serves more as a holder for my long hose than anything else - no glamorous pics necessary.

Old school dive knife is relegated to surface intervals for cutting cheese & pepperoni, spreading peanut butter, and fighting off pirates.

Cutoff steak knive in a homemade webbing sheath + a Tekna Xtra Edge on my goodman handle

I no longer carry the old WW1 German sawbladed 2' long bayonet used in the trenches between 1914 and 1918 since it doesn't impress the aquatic life in caves.

Michael

Tu guys are quite sensible it's boring.

Although, wearing a ww2 dive knife, for a potential shark attack in sweet water.

Now that's something.

IMG_2273.JPG
An Ocean Master Titanium knife from about twenty years ago; a couple of older Spydercos, which are wickedly sharp; various first aid shears and line cutters . . .

I have always carried two knives with me on dives.

My Voit (below) has been on every dive with me for decades and it looks like it just came out of the box.

oYCyqL.jpg

My Wenoka (below) has been on every dive with me for the past 8 years. It looks like crap. By the way, the handle is not wrapped in duct tape. The handle is nothing but duct tape, the plastic part having broke off long ago. They don't make dive gear like they used to.

EQUyAu.jpg

My 2psi.

I usually just carry a Dive Rite line cutter on my wrist and aqua lunge squeeze lock knife on my waist. The Victorinox “little viki” knives are popular around here for the working divers. They are cheap enough to be disposable but razor sharp! If you buy them from this company they come with a thicker handle and sheath. RopeRazor | Famous Knife & Sheath

I keep a trilobite fastened onto my dive computer strap (right wrist) and a blunt-tip knife (same style as Scuba Lawyer's Wenoka but with a smooth edge) that I keep on my left bicep. Used to have it on my leg since the straps are long on the arm but I'm not flexible enough in a 7mm to get it easily there. Been debating getting shears too but that's a future-me decision for when I get everything serviced once diving is open for me and decide what to add to my hoard-I mean gear collection

Back
Top Bottom