What's your favorite set of doubles?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The AGA Divator MK1 is still a very dive able system with excellent breathing characteristics.
However, spares are getting difficult to find let alone obtain.
View attachment 508400
Those are good looking tanks. Are they composite tanks?

Those are good looking tanks. Are they composite tanks? quote

No, original AGA before the restructure of the company in the 80s
Swedish made and imported.

The AGA Divator MK1 is still a very dive able system with excellent breathing characteristics.
However, spares are getting difficult to find let alone obtain.

Very nice!
Looks even more sleek than the AGA 324, small doubles are awesome!!
You can try contacting Interspiro about spares, but might be hard to find any for a set that old.
Tank bands look the same as the 324's though, so I'm guessing the spacing between the top of the cylinders are the same and there's a chance you could butcher a 324 and transfer the parts needed to your Mk1's.
One thing of notice though is that the valve and threads on the older 324's were made of brass, some shops refuse to fill tanks that have the brass valve, there were a replacement valve in another material available though and some have had them changed.

My experience with the AGA twins was that it was definitely on the negative side of bouyancy.

Quick question, what's your favorite set of doubles as far as trim bouynacy characteristics etc. Yes I know there's alot to the question. I'm simply asking what's your favorite set. This should be interesting.

I have my best balance with twin 12l steel tanks. For stages I like either 1 alu-80 or 2x alu 7 liter tanks. I was previously using an alu-104 for a stage bottle but I found it heavy and awkward

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom