What do double HP 120s weigh

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

And to be clear, been renting them for several months so a good feel for how they are on the boat and to the boat. Just nervous about to/from house.
Look at tank carts, something like a dolly with a lip on it to hold the tanks in. Moving cylinders on wheels is so much easier.

In my younger and dumber days. I'm 6'3" and my double 120s still look like water heaters.
J8.jpg

1724018007128.jpeg

For me, there is a noticeable difference between double HP 100/LP 85 and HP 120. The extra weight above what is already a heavy load is really noticeable at that point. And even though the HP 130s are only a few pounds heavier than the HP 120s, once again I can significantly notice the difference.
^^^ This. I've got a set of faber LP85s and a set of Worthington LP 85s. The Worthingtons are 8-10lbs heavier than the fabers. I can seriously feel that difference.

For me, there is a noticeable difference between double HP 100/LP 85 and HP 120. The extra weight above what is already a heavy load is really noticeable at that point. And even though the HP 130s are only a few pounds heavier than the HP 120s, once again I can significantly notice the difference.
I agree. My first BM doubles for extended range Great Lakes diving were PST HP100's (3,500 psig). Later, when I began anticipating needing more gas for deeper dives, I switched to PST HP120's (3,500 psig). The HP100's are "delightful" (albeit a bit too short for me; I'm 6'2" with long legs). The HP120's, though having a more suitable length (for me), are noticeably heavier out of the water.

A dive buddy of mine, a tough, ex-marine, wore manifolded OMS (Faber) LP 121/125's (8" O.D., 29" length, 45 lbs apiece), though, which are crazy massive!

I think manifolded cave (PST?) LP104's are even worse!!

rx7diver

My Faber LP85s are 73.9 lb empty, manifold/banded but no regs. The HP120 tank spec is 8 lb over an 85, so I'd figure ~90 lb + gas + other stuff.

Look at tank carts, something like a dolly with a lip on it to hold the tanks in. Moving cylinders on wheels is so much easier.
Pulled the trigger on the 120s to celebrate finishing Tec40 and nailing the valve drill for Tec45 ‘pool.’ Off to Ace or Home Depot to acquire a hand truck next.

Magnificent!

Try and stay away from the folding ones with PLASTIC wheels, mine collapsed after half a dozen revolutions

379 003 (1).JPG

so I happied It

Hey bought the steel wheels the same time, it was just a shock at how the wheels disintegrated so immediately

Five steps and you're off the boat for me it was three

but a sidemount girl last Sunday did say I was built for manifolded tanks on my back, comment or compliment

But I have shrunk my backmounts down to manifolded 55s so I'm not really fooling anyone anymore too much

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom