What's Your Favorite Piece of Equipment?

Whats Your Favorite Piece of Equipment

• Mask

Votes: 22 10.0%
  • Snorkel

Votes: 6 2.7%
  • Fins

Votes: 22 10.0%
  • Wet Suit/Dry Suit/Hood/Etc

Votes: 26 11.8%
  • Computer/Guages

Votes: 59 26.8%
  • Compass

Votes: 6 2.7%
  • Tank

Votes: 19 8.6%
  • Regulator

Votes: 70 31.8%
  • Octopus

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • Other

Votes: 52 23.6%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well I voted fins because I love my V12's
But it should be my reg. Atomic Ti1
5 years of problem free diving.
I should get it serviced one of these day's:D

I bought my first set of gear last year and wanted a lightweight regulator and BCD for travel to tropical waters.

My favorite (and most important) purchase is my Mares V-16 Proton regulator and octopus. Gets very good reviews overall and is priced quite reasonably. It breathes very easily at 120 ft. and it doesn't have a "tendency" to free flow. I love it. Make that, I better love it!

I also purchased the Cressi-Sub Aqualight-R BCD. I think it's great. Has a double tank strap, foam padding for the entire lumbar area and fits great as a jacket-style BCD. Has large pockets and 3 dump valves. Also, when I surface it keeps me upright and makes it very easy to swim backwards.

All the advances in gear performance and technology is terrific. Dive gear that was good once is only adequate by comparison. Pick almost any piece and seems better today. But why dis the snorkel? Yeah it is a pain to carry. But a 300 yard surface swim out to the edge of Babylon Wall on Grand Cayman would be tough without a snorkel. That little plastic tube just saved you $90, smile and wave to the dive boat.

My puh-hone-icks Aquamaster

regulator and tank, or any other gas delivery. ITS YOUR LIFELINE!!!!

Reference my avatar, tanks and regulator are optional.

X-Scooter

MiniwankaJeffScooter.jpg

Back
Top Bottom