What's your favorite dive related movie??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ohhhhhhhhhhhh me bad
one of my favs
THE DEEP with robert shaw and jackolin bisset nick noltie
teasure hunt movie

#1 - Blue Water White Death
#2 - The Deep, not for JB's chest, but for a great cinema verities scene in which JB's character says to NN's character something on the order of, "You've been here, you've been there, you've done everything there is to do and all you have to show for it is a closet full of tee shirts." Sounds just like my wife.
#3 - Jaws, also for cinema verities, the scene on the boat where they're comparing scars. Been there done that.

The Creature from the Black Lagoon ,1954. I believe it is being remade this year.

Attachments

• VM__CR58,0,358,358_SS100_.jpg
    VM__CR58,0,358,358_SS100_.jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 323
I'm surprised no ones mentioned Creature from the Black Lagoon.

Edit: ^Wow, excellent timing, Captain! :D

Never really cared for it.

Another Bond movie with diving had a great line...in Never Say Never Again. Fatima Blush waterskis up the ramp into the bar and bumps into Bond and says "Oh, I've made you all wet!" to which Bond replies "Yes, but my martini is still dry..." I wait for that every time!

geeky trivia: never say never again is a remake of thunderball

...Into The Blue......had potential, but they totally blew it! ....maybe 3 min of scuba......that thing was a FREEDIVING movie !

Captain beat me to it but Creature from the Black Lagoon is an absolute classic. When it first came out way back we went to see it in 3-D. The Capri Theatre here in Montgomery showed it year before last as one of their fund raisers. Again we sat there in awe as we watched in black and white three-dimensional splendor. I have it on DVD in my diving video library. Watch how many times the distressed maiden enters the water in a white swimsuit and exits in a black one and vice versa. There were actually two actors that played Gill Man. One for underwater scenes and one for above water scenes. You can tell them apart by the number of scales on their abdomens.

Another absoutely fantastic movie is The Big Blue with Jean Reno. I think it is out of print but you can still find copies on Amazon etc.

Since we're bringing up actress attributes - the all time heart melter was Boy on a Dolphin with Sofie Loren. Just thinking about it makes me want to sweat.

Back
Top Bottom