What's your favorite dive related movie??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey, just a head's up/warning to anyone who hasn't seen "The Abyss". Make sure you see the extended version (28 extra minutes)/director's cut version. The theatrical release had the explanatory stuff cut out as the studio wanted James Cameron to cut costs. It made NO sense and everyone in the theater went "HUH?" the end. It would likely have been a huge blockbuster had the additional material been included.

I accidentally came across the extended version in the library, watched it a said to self:
"Wow! So THAT'S what it was about and what a cool movie!"

Sure it's a bit dated, but don't cheat yourself out of a more complete version.

In the same vein, "Hitler's Lost Sub" is the Nova PBS re-enactment version of "Shadow Divers". If you haven't read the book read it lst! Incredible book. Impossible for many to put down and the H.L.S. DVD will contain too many spoilers with less than half the drama and excitement!

In fact be sure to read the book before it's released (S.D.s) as a movie.

Thunderball would have to be my favourite underwater movie, though I haven't seen "Le Grand Bleu" yet. (I've been meaning too, as most of Luc Besson's films are great.)

@ Xaryo: awesome find on the Perfluorocarbon, I never would have thought that stuff was anything other than movie magic. Go figure...

Another Bond movie with diving had a great line...in Never Say Never Again. Fatima Blush waterskis up the ramp into the bar and bumps into Bond and says "Oh, I've made you all wet!" to which Bond replies "Yes, but my martini is still dry..." I wait for that every time!

Into the Blue...

(...at least until the *other* Jessica makes a dive movie...)

the movie is
hello down there with tony randel with a very young richard dryfus
as harlold . a music group called in the movie harold and the hangups
in the movie

I have 3 as they are different Genres:

Luc Besson's ATLANTIS
Men of Honour
Sphere

Close runner up: The Abyss

Back
Top Bottom