What's your favorite dive related movie??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thunderball-Classic Voit scuba equipment, lotsa hose slashing and good speargun violence.
Although I might add I was partial to a particular wet T shirt in The Deep.

Ya hit my 2 all time favs

Two of my favorites of all time just happen to have diving in them.

Jaws

And of course

The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou

The Deep has to be the original class diving movie (with Jacqueline Big-set, Nick Nolte and an as-yet unheard of Lou Gosset Jr.), plus the "outside" underwater scenes were filmed right here in the British Virgin Islands.

Into the Blue was the latter day knock off. It is still a perfectly good movie, and the gratuitous shots of Jessica Alba's derriere more than compensate for the lack of original thought.

The Deep & Jaws.. I could watch all day long..IF,
I wasn't too busy watching " The Life Aquatic"
Of course, i grew up on Jaws, and Thunderball...so...
I always loved the "underneath the mango tree" song!!
Think maybe i will buy a big ol' knife and an orange bikini for my next trip!

What's your favorite dive related movie??

Anything, humor, bio, history, whateva...

<- The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou :D

The Deep is number 1. It had it all. Buddy breathing, dive knife fights, treasure hunting.

Runner ups: The Abyss
The Big Blue
Open water--horrifyingly realistic

Men of Honor. I'm a Navy guy, you have to love that movie. It contains so many other little stories in one great movie.

I forgot that one. I need to add that to my list of runner ups :)

Was it 'The abyss' where they were breathing some sort of liquid?

Does such a system exist or is it just theory?

It exists, and has been used with rats (as the movie shows) . It's been used for medical purposes--people who've had major lung injuries that cause alveoli to collapse.

Hmm... favorite is definitely "The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou." But "Jaws" and "Thunderball" are close behind! Heck, I even like "Jaws 3" (although that's because it fills me with SeaWorldly nostalgia). And "Into the Blue" makes nice eye candy... what can I say, although I'm usually more of a Johnny Depp girl... Paul Walker looks pretty darn hot in that flick. :wink: And the underwater footage is very nice, too. Very pretty.

The Abyss is actually a great modern remake of the 1950's sci-fi classic The Day the Earth Stood Still. Unless you see the extended version of The Abyss, you'll never make the connection between the two movies.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom