What's your favorite 5-7mm wetsuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Olivia Chillia

Registered
Reaction score
I'm in the market for a wetsuit. Most of my diving will be local lakes and quarries. Summer water temps are near 80 (near the surface). Some locations will be colder. I may do some diving in Superior (which I am told is always considered cold water).

What's your favorite wetsuit?
Why do you like it?
Is it difficult to get into?
What brands are good, or does that matter?
What suits should I avoid?
What would you tell a new diver buying her first wetsuit?

I love my henderson hyperstretch 7/5mm
It is the easiest wetsuit to get into I have ever owned. Even easier than my 3 mm.

Supposed thay don't last as long as other wetsuits, but I will gladly sacrifice a little life for allot of comfort

Olivia Chillia:
What's your favorite wetsuit?
Why do you like it?

Henderson Hyperstretch, mine is a 5mm. I think it's the greatest thing for women, who tend to have more fat clothes than men since we flucuate more. As small as you are though it prlly doesn't matter. It goes on very easy and has lasted well despite lots of pool time, the chlorine is hard on them. I always encourage females if you can afford it to get this one. I'm not familiar enough with the other brands to say but my daughter has a Tilos 7mm that seems to suit her. She hasnt had it long enough though to see about wear and shes < 90lbs so it doesnt get much stress.

Get some fin springs too and a slap strap for your mask, my fav creature comforts.

I have to agree...I love my Henderson Hyperstretch 5mm full suit! EASY on and off, even when it's a little damp. Can't see myself owning any other wetsuit type.

What is this, the Henderson fan club? :wink: I'd never heard of the brand before today. I'll go look it up.

:lol: Stardust, I outweigh your daughter by at least 70 pounds. Small is not going to describe me. Thanks for the fin springs and slap strap recommendation too.

Keep the recommendations (or warnings) coming!

Although I love my Henderson Gold Core wetsuits, from what you describe as your potential diving I'd steer you to a shell-type dry suit. Warmer and more temperature flexibility...just add/subtract undies.

All the best, James

Hi-

I too have a Henderson Hyperstretch (3mm). I love it. It is much more comfortable and easier to get into than the old rubbery types.

What are the coldest water temps that you guys comfortable with in the 5mm & 7mm?

Thanks,

TOM

What's your favorite wetsuit? --> pinnacle polar
Why do you like it?--> comfort, semi-dry, looks cool
Is it difficult to get into?-->only at first. practice a few times
What would you tell a new diver buying her first wetsuit? --> try it on before you buy it

Best advice I can give is to try on as many different styles as you can. What may be comfortable for me may be a PITA for you.

As far as looks and easing of donning goes I am a real big fan of Scubapro Everflex suits. I have a 5mm and a 3mm and they slip on very easily. The Scubapro Thermal Tecs are also really nice in that they have extra seals on the wrists and legs. These seals help to keep you very warm but can be a pain to get in and out of for some folks.

Has to be Henderson Hyperstretch, it doesn't get anymore comfortable than that for being underwater, especially in a thicker suit. Unless of course you're in a plush submarine with Margarita's... :D

C U underwater, :snorkel:
ScubaDivaDivemaster
I love www.CrazyScuba.com, they saved me LOTS of scuba money! :sappy:

Back
Top Bottom