• Doctorate

Votes: 22 12.1%
  • Multiple Degrees (list in post)

Votes: 16 8.8%
  • Other

Votes: 13 7.1%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Back when I was in grad school, persons graduating from schools of law were awarded a bachelors degree. By the 1960s, most law schools required an undergraduate degree as an admission requirement, but many did not. By the early 70s law schools decided that their graduates should hold a doctorate. Graduates from previous years were awarded the doctorate ex post facto. It's still possible to become a lawyer in some states without going to law school at all, through an apprenticeship process. These people have a higher initial pass rate on bar exams.

The idea of awarding doctoral degrees to lawyers, physicians, dentists and various other practitioners and clinicians is mostly hype and marketing. Newly minted physical therapists are now awarded some sort of doctorate. Pharmacists, nurses, and real estate brokers are not far behind. The whole thing is kind of silly, like every little third-rate college transforming itself into a university.

I'm a civil engineer with an environmental option. Graduated from the University of Central Florida in 1977.:14:

Bachelors degree in economics and another one in computer science...

My degree was a B.A., but my minor was pure BS. :light:

You forgot "I didn't need schooling- I was born knowing it all". From some of the posts I see, that should be at about 80%......:D

BA, BS, MPA, PhD; psychology, chemistry, criminal justice management, urban management with cognate in education

It's all alphabet soup. Mine BSBA-MIS Sam M. Walton College of Business Univeristy of Arkansas, Fayetteville. Go HOGS!

High School diploma (just barely!) and a private Music School drop-out. Cleaned up 15 years later and learned more in two years than I did during the first 30.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom