What's the volume of your favorite mask?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

a878bob

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I was curious so I did my own experiment. I decided to find the volume of my favorite masks. I thought some of you could do the same and we could compille a list that may be useful. I know it's hard to find the exact volume. But we might compare on similiar mask shapes. I did two different methods to find the volume. I placed my mask on an even surface with the forehead and nose as close to level as possible and filled them with a 20cc syringe. The second time I filled the mask then emptied into a bowel and then measured the volume. Either cc's, ml's or tablespoons would work. 1 tablespoon is 15 ml's.

Dacor TL (no longer made) single lens 270 ml's

Diverite single lens frameless 250 ml's

How about yours????

It seems to me that the volume of a mask would be the volume of air or water when you are wearing the mask. In shallow water, entirely flood your mask while wearing it with normal mask strap tension. Now stand up and catch the water in your mask when you pull it away from your face. :idk:

Nice suggestion, but not very practical. Maybe we should use grapes or M&M's.

Liquid would be easier on your bowl.

The second time I filled the mask then emptied into a bowel and then measured the volume.
Whose bowel did you empty it into, and how? :confused:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom