What's the use?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't dive any deeper than 100 feet. Most dives are 60 feet because as most of you were so nicely to repost other posts I've had, I dive from shore. In addition, I dive from shore on a single aluminum 80, sometimes a friends steel tank.

I don't dive any deeper than 100 feet... on a single aluminum 80, sometimes a friends steel tank.

I could easily get myself off a "no-stop" profile diving air to 100 feet on an Al80, even if I started my ascent at some arbitrary number like 500PSI.

I assume you have a moderate slope when you're shore diving, so it may not be a practical concern. But it could be. It's good to know all the parameters which establish your diving limits.

When I was inducted into the Explorers Club there was a little meeting for new members. Charlie Bush was the Club President back then and along many details of membership warned the new members that they needed to be careful what they said, that they needed to take care about the stories they told at the Club, because almost without fail, whether you're talking about the summit of Everest or the darkside of the Moon, the odds are that someone in the room had been there. ScubaBoard is rather similar ... with that in mind:

There are only about two shore dives in Rhode Island that permit access to 100 or more feet (one under the Newport Bridge and one off the island at Ft. Weatherill). The bridge has such bad currents that almost no one dives it. So, the odds are passing small that he's ever seen anything much deeper than 50 feet, so relax and please don't feed the troll ... use your ignore list instead,

Last edited:
Perhaps, but it makes SB far less entertaining.
You still see others quoting them, or one side to postings.

Even on a single dive you need the table or a dive computer, You have to plan your dive just like you were suppose to learn in the open water class and the dive master class. You never mention how long you stayed a 90 feet and how long it to you to ascend. Your safety stop maybe should have been deco stop for a longer period. As a Dive Master show some pride in yourself and diving and set the example and use a dive table or a computer for your dives.

ALL dives are gas limited - some more than others. What are y'all talking about?

Gas supply is merely one of a set of constraints for any given dive. Sometimes it is the limiting factor, sometimes it isn't.

Others may be NDL, runtime, exposure to cold, exposure to oxygen pressure, medical issues, etc..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom