What's the use?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OceanMist333

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Seriously whats the use in using dive tables if you're only going to log one dive? I'll go down to 90 or so feet and do my 2 safety stops and get out of the water and get drunk at my local pub. I can see if you're doing multiple dives, but usually I feel like a bag of smashed a**holes when I get out of the water and do not feel like diving again.

:rofl3:

That doesn't sound right, and I'm wondering why you feel like that. Fatigue is often mentioned as a sign of sub-clinical DCS. I'm wondering if you're staying too long, ascending too fast, or have some underlying issue such as a PFO. You might want to talk to someone at DAN about it.

(After looking at your profile, I'm more suspicious of some underlying medical issue than too rapid ascents.)

Tables are used to prevent one from feeling like a bag of smashed a**holes after ascending.

Why is this in the "tech" forum?

Also, what?

yeah, this smells funny

NDL anyone?

On an alu. 56 in cold water I can over stay my NDL in any depth greater than 20 feet. I NEED tables. :crafty:

I don't have any underlying medical issues. I just feel tired when I get out of the water and so do the rest of the people I go with. That's not the question though...

The question is why use tables if you're only doing one dive per day? So long as you include your safety stops whats the point?

Also, on that same note... why log your dives? I have a divemaster certification and it was difficult to obtain it at first because even though I had dived for almost 5 years and had extensive experience I didn't log anything. So, I just made a bunch of dives/dates up and now I have it. But, again why log a dive. The best log is my brain so if something happens that's pertinent like, oh say my primary fails, I'm going to fix it, not log it. Or, if i'm cold I'll make a mental note to wear warmer clothes. Again, what's the use??

The question is why use tables if you're only doing one dive per day?

how do you know how long you can stay down at any given depth without going into decompression territory?

I see nothing wrong with your approach to diving and decompression.

BTW: If you die while diving or from DCS, can I have your gear?

back off man ...

the gear's mine

:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom