Whats the stupidest Dive gadget you've seen

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Turtleguy:
How about the newer and better larger , super dry snorkels, with the top waterproof valve the size of a pool ball.
Those things are almost big enough to use for a club.
Aloha Turtleguy

Form Follows function, while they look silly, and are EXTREAMELY bulky, having snorkled quite a bit before I ever got into diving, I found something very intresting about these. You can breath from them (at least mine) before you clear it. They it only takes on about 3 teaspoons of water when you are diving with it, and if you are actually snorkling with it, it doesn't take on any (or enough to notice). Some don't like them, some love them, being someone who as soon as I am on the surface I switch to it, and after I am in the water on entry I switch to it to conserve gas....

My 2cents....

RIDIVER501:
The Self Contained Underwater Drinking Unit......by far is the dumbest thing I have seen. If you can't go without a sip of water for an hour or so the Scuba-Nazi should pull you over and tell you.."No diving.. no diving for you...1 year. now get out of line."

I fill mine with scotch :maniac:

j/k

CelticRavenVA:
What do they dispaly? I couldn't help but laughing when I read this one Cornfed, who makes these?
I think Oceanic makes it, but I think only the military is using them now.

From a tech geek perspective, that is kinda cool.... from a diving perspective? WTF is the point.....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom