DIR- Generic What's the purpose of the fuel hose on stage rigging?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Smache

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
I've heard a few explanations for why DIR stage rigging includes the fuel hose, but wanted to ask here in case there's something I'm missing.
  • The fuel hose makes it easier to grab the hose retainer bands, especially while wearing gloves.
  • The fuel hose is a handle for picking up the bottle while underwater only.
  • The fuel hose makes it easier to keep the stage rigging tight?
I'm especially interested if anyone knows the history of DIR stage rigging, and what problem caused the fuel hose to be added.

I've heard a few explanations for why DIR stage rigging includes the fuel hose, but wanted to ask here in case there's something I'm missing.
  • The fuel hose makes it easier to grab the hose retainer bands, especially while wearing gloves.
  • The fuel hose is a handle for picking up the bottle while underwater only.
  • The fuel hose makes it easier to keep the stage rigging tight?
I'm especially interested if anyone knows the history of DIR stage rigging, and what problem caused the fuel hose to be added.
I think that's all true... It makes it a lot easier to put the stage away underwater.

I think that's all true... It makes it a lot easier to put the stage away underwater.
IMG_6025.gif

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom