What's That?! How do I look it up?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aucilla

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I would love to find a big, beautiful book, full of color photographs, to help me learn the names of all the fish and other livng things I get to see when I dive the Florida coast. I live in Florida's Big Bend, so I see mostly northern Gulf fish; but I am interested in South Florida things as well. Any recommendations?

hey there, If you don't have it already, the best book IMHO is the Paul Humann and Ned DeLoach "Reef Fish Identifiication: FLorida Carribean and Bahamas"
Big, Glossy, great pics, easy to use to identify, really great book. (even has a geeky tick off list!!!)
Its part of a series of 3, with reef creatures and coral Id (i think)

enjoy

munkispank:
hey there, If you don't have it already, the best book IMHO is the Paul Humann and Ned DeLoach "Reef Fish Identifiication: FLorida Carribean and Bahamas"
Big, Glossy, great pics, easy to use to identify, really great book. (even has a geeky tick off list!!!)
Its part of a series of 3, with reef creatures and coral Id (i think)

enjoy

It also exists as a CD-ROM. Nice to put onto a laptop when you're traveling.

Other good resources are Ned DeLoach's Underwater Florida, a guide to dive sites around the state and the beach diving series by Ray McAlister. (You can get them at most of the local dive shops.)

I also like Shipwrecks of the Sunshine State, a guide to historical wrecks with dive site information.

Good luck,
Grier

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom