what's everyone doing for mini season??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LiteHedded

Contributor
Reaction score
Tsalagi and I are going out with jim abernethy's scuba adventures I think maybe the only op with spots still available.
any tips from the more experienced lobster hunters? this will be my first time lobstering on scuba. when I've done it in the past we just snorkled with a net and tickle stick

Booked and ready to go. If anyone else from the local Central Florida area cares to join us I've got room for 1 or 2 more divers for the ride down.

CAPT HOOK:
Mini-Season!!

Staying OUT of the water!!!
I second that motion! :wink:

Nothing like a bunch of lobster hunters looking for the one or two regulation sized lobsters to fill up all the boats around south FL :D

Boat and I will be at the Marriot across from the Pier 66 Marina Ft. Lauderdale. Details to follow.

Yep, full boat at this point. I dove out of Lauderdale during the 90's, but have not been down there in 5 years. (Been going out of Palm Beach Jupiter since 2000)

Loneranger:
Yep, full boat at this point. I dove out of Lauderdale during the 90's, but have not been down there in 5 years. (Been going out of Palm Beach Jupiter since 2000)
d'oh!!

question: how do you lobster on a drift dive? how do you stop long enough to get the bug out of his hidey hole?
I'll be going out of west palm and as far as I know it's the usual drift dives

Trying to get Dad's boat functional, doesn't look like we'll make it in time. I may be sleeping in
:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom