What's a good dive op in San Pedro?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vrichardson

Registered
Reaction score
Looking for a good dive shop In San Pedro. We are staying at Royal Palm in October (RCI timeshare) and looking for one that picks us two divers at the dock. (I stayed ther in 1999 and one did that -- I think Amigos Del Mar?) But more importantly, looking one that is fairly priced and has good people.

THanks,

VR

Any number will pick you up at Royal Palm and give you what you want in local dives. Only Ramon's, AquaDives, Ambergris Divers and Amigo del Mar currently operate boats to the atolls. Most people dive with the operator of their choice for local dives and are booked onto boats by one of these four for Blue Hole or the Elbow.

I used Ambergris Divers and was very satisfied. If you choose them try and get Larry as you DM. Try Picassos for dinner - escellant food.

Have a good time

We like to support dive ops run by locals (but still professional). We recommend Patojo's. Lots of fun to dive with, and you can bargain for your bottom line for repeated dives/days.

Peter is being modest. Protech is a tremendous operation and we've been tickled with them every time we've been to Belize.

For good local diving, i would check out PADI web site and look to see who is a certified resort dive center. There are several good one's on the island. "White sands" is up north,
ecologic divers, amigo's del mar are on the north end of town.
All will pick you up at your resort dock. not all dive centers do afternoon diving if you are wanting to do 3+ in a day.
dive safely have fun

My wife and I have used Chuck & Robbie's (Chuck & Robbie's for all our local diving on our last 2 trips to AC. They are a smaller outfit that we really feel comfortable with. We used Amigos Del Mar for our trip to Turneffe...we were also very pleased with them.

Back
Top Bottom