What're your five favorite movies?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A couple more that meet the "watched a bunch of times" criteria:

Romancing the Stone -- A delightfully cute movie.

City Slickers -- Almost fell off my chair laughing watching this one.

Hatari -- A charming Africa tale. The line "Tell me about my rockets" has been part of our family's vocabulary for a long time.

Annie Hall. Classic Woody Allen, and I confess to loving all of his older movies. His sense of humor appeals to me.

Mikhail Frenkel:
1. Apocalypse Now / The Thin Red Line - 2 best movies about war. Both are very multi-dimentional in terms of meaning - everytime i re-watch them i find new things. I know, people will say "Platoon" and "Full Metal Jacket" and "4th of July" etc, but they are more one dimentional..

Apocalypse Now, good as it was/is, wouldn't make my list but Thin Red Line is brilliant!

Mikhail Frenkel:
4. Requiem for a Dream - the best anti-drug movie with superb actors.

Requiem for a Dream and Leaving Las Vegas are so painful for me to watch. They ARE good but I don't think I can bring myself to see either again.

On a completely unrelated note, can't believe I left out Lost in Translation from my list...

In no real order:
-Garden State
-The Rear Window (Alfred Hitchcock)
-The Motorcycle diaries
-About A Boy
-Almost Famous

oh and a couple more:
-Airplane!
-If looks could kill
-Bad Boys II
-fools rush in

The Godfather is one of the best, Young Frankenstien, one funny movie. Shaw Shank Redemption

Requiem for a Dream and Leaving Las Vegas are so painful for me to watch. They ARE good but I don't think I can bring myself to see either again.

One of the finest movies I think I've ever seen was called Testament. It was an "On the Beach" set in Northern California. (It was also one of Kevin Costner's first movies.) It was superbly written and incredibly well acted. It walked the thin line between being exquisitely painful and descending into bathos. At the end of the movie, the entire theater was utterly silent, and no one got up. Eventually, we all began to file out, and it was still completely silent. My boyfriend and I drove the hills for an hour before we went home, and said nothing.

I wouldn't recommend watching it.

TSandM:
One of the finest movies I think I've ever seen was called Testament. It was an "On the Beach" set in Northern California. (It was also one of Kevin Costner's first movies.) It was superbly written and incredibly well acted. It walked the thin line between being exquisitely painful and descending into bathos. At the end of the movie, the entire theater was utterly silent, and no one got up. Eventually, we all began to file out, and it was still completely silent. My boyfriend and I drove the hills for an hour before we went home, and said nothing.

I wouldn't recommend watching it.

I just read a review of the movie. Apparently no one knew to "duck and cover" in event of nucular :confused: attack.

I can't believe I had to go 5 pages before seeing the Holy Grail!!! Come on people!!!

Monty Python's The Holy Grail
Forrest Gump (I cry EVERY time)
South Park: The Movie
Zoolander ("They're break-dance fighting")
The Patriot

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom