What Your Next Move?

What's your next move?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

"Dark side of diving" ? I can't imagine what´s that (not to mention night diving).

Some people refer to starting to dive a rebreather as moving to the dark side. It can also be used to refer to embracing a DIR philosophy.

I meant rebreather.

No plans for any further certs. I have all the certs needed for the diving I do, but I do try to dive better, to make it even more fun.

My next step up the ladder is divemaster, which I'm thinking of doing in fall 2012, but I intend to get a couple of specialties (nitrox and probably wreck) and do at least 100 or so more dives before I do that.

Last edited:
DM. Got rescue back in 95 or 96 and have been happily diving without any further certs (other than the AAUS research diver which I also did back in 95). But now that I've been made the diving program supervisor at work I think I should get some formal training to back it up.

DM would be my next step, but this may be for some time yet - unsure about that, so maybe tech will come first ...

I am taking my practical for Rescue. I will be taking my master scuba diver (NAUI) practical first week in August while diving canada st lawrence river.
After that I need to get my wreck/deep, then cave, then I will consider if I want to do instructor - but that iwll be down the road. Maybe two years more?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom