What Your Next Move?

What's your next move?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Greetings fellow divers I remember moving from class climbing the ladder building my experience and skills.
Wait a minute IAM STILL DOING THAT!
No joke no matter what level of diver you are the worst thing that can happen to you is if you allow your self to become stale!

There is no top of the ladder it is a goal oriented plan to achieve the dives you want to do.
If you are a first time dive #5 well take heart and continue learning and dive as much as you can.
If you are a old salt with more dives than log book pages I challenge you to continue learning and progressing as a diver.
Our goals need to continue and evolve with us as we change on our way to becoming the best divers we can be.

I have always been brought back to the best advice I was ever given in any training class,
A certification in only as good as the dive experience to master the skills!
It matters not what cert. or level you are striving to master or achieve!

Set your goals and commit to the training to achieve them.
The rest is easy, DIVE, DIVE, DIVE, AND THEN DIVE SOME MORE!

CamG Keep Diving....Keep Training....Keep Learning!

I think I'll ping-pong back and forth between the two "What Your Next Move" threads indefinitely.

If I can find someone who will let me enroll in a Rescue class without AOW, that's my plan. Otherwise, I'll just dive and read/practice rescue techniques and skills on my own. I've considered getting AOW so I can volunteer at the National Aquarium in Baltimore, but I'm not committed to that just yet.

Finish up my AOW check-out dives and pick up a Wreck Diver specialty in the process.

Reactions: Jax
Kill off my AOW next month and dive, dive, dive... Figure out what below the surface excites me most.

Definitely see Rescue training as a must do.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

Right now I am very excited to be doing a sidemount course next week and my brand new Razor 2 system is on its way! I am also going further into technical diving by completing my TDI advanced nitrox and deco procedures courese after starting into tech by taking the PADI/DSAT Tec 40 course. I am also in the middle of applying for some specialty instructor certifications as i am now getting into the swing of being a SDI OWSDI.

-- Nielsent

I think I'm done. Just got DM and would only consider higher if there comes a real need to augment income. I look forward to being an assistant as my career was that of Band teacher, and those years of being the top guy were plenty. May consider EFR Instructor at some point, but I don't think you meant that by Instructor Specialty.

I was thinking to stop as Rescue Diver, but things in life do change.
I'm facing the posibility to open a Dive Resort in a quarry and I need to be able to carry people to do "Discover Scuba" or "Try Scuba Diving". For this I should be OWD Instructor.

Next course will either be full cave or normoxic trimix unless I decide to move on over to the dark side. Some people might say I already have. :wink:

Next course will either be full cave or normoxic trimix unless I decide to move on over to the dark side. Some people might say I already have. :wink:

"Dark side of diving" ? I can't imagine what´s that (not to mention night diving).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom