What you wear under wet suit??????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Krusty

Reaction score
Hey all I just went out and finally bounght my self a half way decent wet suit to get back in to diving. Got the oniel dx7000 i think it is, got it from the oniel boothj at the dive fair. I know all you people here in the great Nw like to use dry suits but some of us just cant explain to the pregnant wife why we need one. So im going out to lake stevens this next week to do some get wet dives and check out the gear again. And im wondering what every one wears under their wet suit. I usually just wear a pair of swim trunks. But what do you feel is best????? Aslo can any one recommend a person or shop for padis bouyance class, figure it will be best way to get my weight situation perfect to start diving again. Thanz every one, and i might be looking to for a dive buddy or 2 here real soon for some occatinal dives my old one decided he liked crack more than diving.

.......uhhhhh....speedos....but don't tell anyone. I've been known to go commando. Long shorts get bunched up.

Although there are other threads discussing what divers wear under their wetsuits, since you posted in the Northwest Orca Bait I'm thinking you are wearing a 7mil farmer john? If so, I would suggest a lycra skin. They aid in putting the wetsuit on, deter the neoprene rash some divers are prone to behind the knees and at the wrists and neck, and allow for public decency when changing in and out of the suit . I also found it added to my warmth.

I also found a lycra useful during the cold winter months as they dry so quick, I could change out of my suit and right into fleece without having to remove the lycra and be ok until I got home or a better place to change (as we know some dive sites in the Northwest have no amenities!).

I have since gone to a drysuit, but still use my lycra under my 3mil wetsuit when I head out for warm water diving.

I'm the same with swim trunks, but I get cold below 30ft. So I'm still waiting for a larger size to get up here to UWS so I can get maybe a shorty or skins to stay warmer. My feet get numb after about 20 min or so, so I need socks as well.

As for bouyancy classes. :33: I would't bother with those. Just go dive. I went monday with Uncle Pug. He chopped 4 pounds off me, which made a huge differance. If you dive with experienced divers, the'll help you out in every way they can. Money better spent on gear, or trips, or air I think. Just my opinion though.

Jp

For poor divers, pantyhose are a great item to add insulation under the wetsuit. Need a top, too? Cut out the crotch and toes of the hose. You put your head thru the crotch area, the "legs" go over your arms, and the waist of the hose is on your torso.

:D Tis' true that I suggest to my students to bring cheap nylons with them for open water weekend...even the men. I do, however, tell those that wear bikini bottom or speedo style suits to avoid the control top pantyhose because we'll point and laugh!

You can get Lycras for $40+ which can be worn over and over again. If you plan on diving often the nylons will end up costing more than the lycra.

:lol: and pink to toe nail polish to round things out. :multi:

Just a bathing suit under mine. I don't usually get cold and as I have a hyperstretch, there is no problem with getting in or out of the suit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom