What year Aqualung Titan is this? And bonus conshelf XIV DIN question.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

84CJ7

Contributor
Reaction score
I just got this and I need to figure out which parts kit I need. Is this covered in the 900001 kit like the Conshelf 14 or is this the 2010 model covered in the 900014 kit?
Also this one doesn't have it, but if it had the dry cold water kit, where do I get that extra diaphragm? Do you always have to buy them separate or is there a kit with it?
Also if this has the "max" instead of "maxi" din parts are they still swapping them for free? If not I don't think I would bother as I can torque a brass part properly.
titan.jpg

Next question is: Pictures of Conshelf XIV DIN regs seem to be surprisingly hard to find on the net, the few pics I have found don't quite look like this. The bottom is definitely a Conshelf XIV supreme based on port locations and general appearance, but the DIN half of it just looks odd to me. Maybe I am just not used to seeing a 300 bar version or something.
conshelf.jpg

DIN question, no idea, although I have seen one the same before.

The service kit is the same as a conshelf 14, well should I say I know for sure a Titan kit of that model (pre2008?) will work with a 14, I'm assuming the reverse is true. The "extra" diaphragm comes with the Titan kit.

Next question is: Pictures of Conshelf XIV DIN regs seem to be surprisingly hard to find on the net, the few pics I have found don't quite look like this. The bottom is definitely a Conshelf XIV supreme based on port locations and general appearance, but the DIN half of it just looks odd to me. Maybe I am just not used to seeing a 300 bar version or something.
View attachment 418060

You won’t see many of those DIN units unless you were a diver in the Royal Navy.
They were built in England specifically for the British Royal Navy. I happened to write the Manufacture Inspection and Test Procedure for the product, still have the documents I think. Wow how time fly’s.

Here are some other military diving regulators we built for LEBA Long Endurance units again for military diving applications. The A clamp version is a piston design, the DIN version is a diaphragm variant. All non magnetic and exotic materials the equivalent of $350 a metre for the material compaired when the Brass CZ 121 used for that Conshelf program was $30 a metre

Picture%20010_zps2lc4n5py.jpg
[/URL]

you need the older 900001 kit. pretty sure the dry environmental seal diaphragm was not included as part of the kit, part number 106337.

I just got this and I need to figure out which parts kit I need. Is this covered in the 900001 kit like the Conshelf 14 or is this the 2010 model covered in the 900014 kit?
Also this one doesn't have it, but if it had the dry cold water kit, where do I get that extra diaphragm? Do you always have to buy them separate or is there a kit with it?
Also if this has the "max" instead of "maxi" din parts are they still swapping them for free? If not I don't think I would bother as I can torque a brass part properly.
View attachment 418058
View attachment 418060
I have both those regs, I bought the Titan around 2006 or 2007. I used the 900001 kit when i rebuilt it last, which was quite a while ago. IIRC it had everything needed in the kit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom