What would you do if this happened?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SeaHound

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I went to a Honda Dealership to test drive a car. They said they will give me very competitive financing and a very good APR. After looking at the rates I thought I should buy the car. I signed up on all the paperwork showing APRrates, total interest, price, when the first payment would be due etc.

I have had the car since almost a month now. Yesterday, when I was expecting my first bill for a car payment, what I got instead was a REJECTION LETTER! WE ARE NOT GIVING YOU THAT CAR LOAN SO GO AND GET YOUR OWN FINANCING!!!

I am still shocked! I have been calling the dealership but no one seems to take my call. I have two documents 1) My car loan papers 2) GO GET YOUR LOAN FROM SOMEWHERE ELSE paper.

Has something similar happened to anyone else here? Is this a lawsuit against Honda? Looks like a customer ambush doesnt it?

1 ... get your own financing
or
2 ... take the car back

that they havn't taken your call does not speak well of them .. I'll ask at work what we would do in a similar situation

Is this a lawsuit against Honda?

Honda don't own the dealership so no

Take the car back, spill some grape juice on the seats first.

So they are not legally bound to follow a signed financing paper?

Depends on the state and the language in the sales contract.

Bring the car back. About 1/2 miles before the dealership stop and pour battery acid into the transmission. It'll eat every seal in the trans rendering junk.

hmmm ... I'm sure when I bought my new truck , they had the financing nailed down before I left the dealership
.. again, I'll ask at work

no

Bring the car back. About 1/2 miles before the dealership stop and pour battery acid into the transmission. It'll eat every seal in the trans rendering junk.
no

Only if you want to pay for the damage.

In California, If the dealership did not include a contract is subject to financing clause, then the dealership would be required to honor the sales contract. However, 99% of California dealerships contracts have this clause - and - get guaranteed financing secured before rolling the car.

Back
Top Bottom