What would you dive with?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

back when I was diving wet only I did some water in the low 40's. Now that I dive dry I often wonder if I should sell my wetsuit. I like the feeling of diving in a wetsuit but prefer the comfort of diving dry.

What would would you dive with in water between 15C and 22C (59-72F)? Around 1 hour to 1.5 hour dives?

I currently use a 7mm semi-dry. I wear thermals (poly pro) under the suit when the water hits 17C (62.6F).

I'm curious to what the 'tolerance' of other divers is... :popcorn:

I can’t give you a valid answer without knowing the depth if you are talking about an (uncompressed) foam Neoprene suit, wet, dry, or semi-dry. Foam material compresses and loses insulation value at depth. I am very comfortable up to about four hours a custom 7mm two-pieced freediving wetsuit in 50° F water. Scuba for about two hours in a similar cut wetsuit in denser material… until 30-40’. At 100’ it is time to get in a drysuit after about 15 minutes.

I am now in the geezer category so my cold tolerance is less than earlier days, but never had what would be considered a high tolerance.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom