What went wrong part 2...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diver0001:
If I could make one wish then I would wish if something similar ever happens again that it happens at a more boring time if year.

R..

This is a primary Murphys law or at least an axiom to one ...

"Things will always fail at the most inopportune time"

Good job everyone,

now step slowly away from the Jolt Cola and the coffey pot. Try to catch up on those strange tasks you missed, like sleep, and eating. :11ztongue

I've had my share of systems getting fried, I'm just glad i didn't have to do anyhing :wink:

Its back, its back, its back.......

Paul.

Thanks for getting things back up again guys. I had a fun time yesterday. I had to restore some data from LTO tape. The tape that I needed became stuck in the drive and I had to take the whole 8 slot transport apart to get it out. Tried it again several times only to have "incompatable media". I had go back even further for the data and get what I could from differentials.....IT it's not just a job, it's (you fill in the blanks!)

Jim

Are all three of these servers in the same physical location? Are backups stored off-site?

It's obvious you guys are taking measures to ensure data availability, but I'm curious about the top two! :)

Thanks,

The servers are sitting in the same datacenter which is a multi-homed, state of the art facility complete with fire suppression systems, high tech security monitoring and numerous incoming power and internet connection points to insure everything is safe, secure and redundant. Backups reside on our database server and on a separate NAS tape drive. Every few weeks a series is downloaded locally to serve as an off-site backup as well.

Awesome job on the restore! Glad to have SB back. Hopefully you guys can get some rest now.

Okay, another Christmas gift!

Thanks TA for all the hard work! Where did the fixitboard threads go, though? They were really funny! It was an awesome alternative fix. :07:

scubalaurel:
Thanks TA for all the hard work! Where did the fixitboard threads go, though? They were really funny! It was an awesome alternative fix. :07:

I think they were learning to tighten up the no registration thing.

dlndavid, aka TigerW

Back
Top Bottom