What went wrong part 2...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There was a really cool menu bar option, where you could see where people were viewing, or who was viewing your thread.

It's good to be home again - thanks for all your hard work!!!!!!

dlndavid:
I think they were learning to tighten up the no registration thing.

dlndavid, aka TigerW
dlndavid, aka TigerW, ShakaZulu, DandyDon, Scuba Dragon & Unregistered

Did I miss one? :wink:

Didn't think we'd notice, huh? :D

Christian

dlndavid:
There was a really cool menu bar option, where you could see where people where viewing, or who was viewing your thread.

Yeah, that was very cool! Hey, you still on your yacht? Or was that an incognito thing :eyebrow:

headhunter:
dlndavid, aka TigerW, ShakaZulu, DandyDon, Scuba Dragon & Unregistered

Didn't think we'd notice, huh? :D

Christian

I know you noticed. Like I said the other forum had a tool to see who was veiwing what, I saw you watching.
I hope you know it was all in fun and I meant no harm. And the "unregistered" was maybe only one or two at the most of my posts. The temporary site was a good alternative for SB being down, and made alot of folks happy. I hope all is cool.
btw, I do know about IP adresses, very simple to monitor.

scubalaurel:
Yeah, that was very cool! Hey, you still on your yacht? Or was that an incognito thing :eyebrow:
In my dreams I wish I could have a yacht like Tiger Woods.
But he really does have one, and a Swedish super model wife, and was detained in Puerto Rico by the coast guard for being in the marina without advance notice (required for the size of his yacht). He does have compressors on board for tank filling with nitrox too. But it was only a dream for me, in a temporary space. Thanks for playing. Amor de las mujeres es caliente lo mismo del sol. Viva TigerW!

dlndavid:
I know you noticed. Like I said the other forum had a tool to see who was veiwing what, I saw you watching.
I hope you know it was all in fun and I meant no harm. And the "unregistered" was maybe only one or two at the most of my posts. The temporary site was a good alternative for SB being down, and made alot of folks happy. I hope all is cool.
btw, I do know about IP adresses, very simple to monitor.
Yeah, we're cool! That's why I used smilies. You weren't doing anything malicious, so I didn't see the harm in having a little fun on a "down" day. I figured all of those posts would disappear when this went back up anyway.

But now we're back to towin' the line here, so no more sock puppetry! :D

Take care.

Christian

headhunter:
Yeah, we're cool! That's why I used smilies. You weren't doing anything malicious, so I didn't see the harm in having a little fun on a "down" day. I figured all of those posts would disappear when this went back up anyway.

But now we're back to towin' the line here, so no more sock puppetry! :D

Take care.

Christian

I caught that one in reference to Dandy Don's fake post "don't forget to fill out your profile." and you, I guess knew he was away diving. I did see the hole in the forum's security and thought I would have some good clean fun, you're right, I wasn't malicious, just mischevious. Glad you understood, Thanks.

dlndavid:
I caught that one in reference to Dandy Don's fake post "don't forget to fill out your profile." and you, I guess knew he was away diving. I did see the hole in the forum's security and thought I would have some good clean fun, you're right, I wasn't malicious, just machevious. Glad you understood, Thanks.
Yeah a sock puppet is an alternate name used to log on to a board and they are not allowed at ScubaBoard. It's somewhere in the Terms Of Service (TOS).

The hole was originally allowed for people's convenience, but as you may have seen, it could be used maliciously. Glad it was all in fun. No harm, no foul.

Christian

Thanks Christian.
So how did you come by your user name? Did you play dodge ball as a lad?
'cuz that's what we called the ones who went for the head shots. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom