What went wrong part 2...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

triple redundancy sounds great.
nice to have you back. :)

Who care...we're back...yippie...
thanks to you guys for getting us back up and running...and quickly too...i was starting to get the shakes...

liberato:
It is kind of like turning back the clock. The tsunami hasn't even happened yet...

It's too bad it's just a forum...

i'm wondering if there isn't something architecural that you can do to decrease your MTTR when you have to restore from backup. are you limited in speed from the tape? is there any random-access i/o which you could figure out how to stream instead?

Tech Admin:
Ok, now that things are back up you may be wondering “what went wrong

Here's my virtual high-five!

Now go have yourself some well deserved down-time. If you were here right now the drinks would be on me!

A toast to Tech Admin and Net Doc! I'm happy to see that we're back and I'm happy to hear that you're going to stiffen up the infrastructure. :)

BTW I wasn't wondering what went wrong. I was more concerned about both your christmas and your new-years getting f*cked up by this. If I could make one wish then I would wish if something similar ever happens again that it happens at a more boring time if year.

R..

Back
Top Bottom