what weight do you carry and what weight are you

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

6'0" 155 lbs 80cu.ft. aluminum aeris atmos xt bc

5 mil salt - 16 lbs.
5 mil fresh - 12 lbs.

3/2 mil salt - 12 lbs.
3/2 mil fresh - 8 lbs.

skin salt - 10 lbs.
skin fresh - 6 lbs.

6'0" 195 Lbs.

7mm Suit, Hood, Gloves, Booties, 95 Cu. Ft. Steel Cylinder, Dive Rite Transpac w/Rec Wing.

Salt - 16 Lbs.

With a wet suit in salt water (4lbs). Started with 12lbs when first started diving but after practicing different breathing techniques, the air in your lungs is what causes you to have to add more weight. Breathing out all your air and only inhaling what you need, you can get down with minimal weight. Once below 35 feet, if overweighted, you are going to sink like a ship. Try Yoga:)

started off with my OW 3mm suit and used 14lbs

now i use a SS/BP wings and i son't carry any additional weights anymore. and am only using rash guards.

i started shedding off them lead weights after i got hold of perfect buoyancy. So TAKE THE PEAK PERFORMANCE BUOYANCY SOON AS YOU CAN for those who have trouble with buoyancy that is. Talk to your instructors about it.

Im 6'1" 170 lbs and I wear 6-8lbs freshwater with a Zeagle ranger and 3mm shorty + skin, gloves, and hoody. 10 - 12 in salt.

-V

I use a Deep Outdoors backplate with single tank adapter (about 8 pounds) and I need about 8 pounds to get down wearing a full 3ml suit.

I weigh about 240# - give or take my hankerin' for cheese fries that week.. ;-)

D.

5'10 - 210#
Jacket BC with 3mm, no hood, no gloves
SW = 12 pounds, FW = 6 pounds
Hood, gloves & .5mm skin over the above - add 2 pounds

If I need more rubber, I head further south

6'2"
205lbs.
7/5mm wetsuit
SS BP
STA
S100