What watch do you dive with?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JeffMandell once bubbled...
Add on question to fellow cold-water divers: How do you see your watch/wrist computer if you wear gloves that overlap the wrist opening on your wetsuits? Do you just decide it's ok for that portion of your anatomy to be cold the whole dive and leave it exposed or do you peel back the glove/sleeve every time you want to see your depth/time?

I put a Spandoflex band on my watchs. You can buy them for around $6-$8 at Kmart or Walmart. It allows you to slide it back up on your arm then down over your gauntlet. I love em. Theres no messing around with buckles and they even make them in black.

:spaninq:

I use the bright orange Citizen Aqualand for diving and day to day wear, and for slightly dressier, the same watch with the Olive face. They are very solid, and look cool. Great conversation starters!:D

Chronosport UDT. Pity they aren't made anymore.

I put a Spandoflex band on my watchs. You can buy them for around $6-$8 at Kmart or Walmart. It allows you to slide it back up on your arm then down over your gauntlet. I love em. Theres no messing around with buckles and they even make them in black.

Hi ToneDog. Is "spandoflex band" what they are actually called? Are they made for watches or have you repurposed something else? I'm very interested in this but when I ran a Google, nothing came up. Thanks for any info

You can find them near the watches in almost any dept store and in some drug store chains. They are the metal stretch braclets that were very popular in the 60's and 70's. The manufacturer is Speidel...who make tons of replacement bands for all types of watches. I tried to do a search and couldnt find a parent Speidel site, but I did find "metal expansion bands" at allwatches.com. These are more expensive than the ones in stores but you'll understand what to look for.

http://www.jewelryservice.com/searchresultsb.cfm

It may take a little hunting around for them but I think its worth it. If you find them only in large and extra large it is possible to take links out if your patient.

OK that link dosent work quite right so I've attached a photo.

I dive with my IronMan....it stands up to anything/everything I put it through in or out of the water.

ScubaToneDog once bubbled...
You can find them near the watches in almost any dept store and in some drug store chains. They are the metal stretch braclets that were very popular in the 60's and 70's. The manufacturer is Speidel...

Ahh. I remember those, from what seems like a thousand years ago. The point is they stretch open, right? OK, Thanks for the tip.

Yup...they compensate for wetsuit compression and expansion and are easy to take on and off....no buckles to mess with. I love em...

Mine is Casio G-shock at Sam's club $24. My son wanted the Swiss Army (Wenger) stainless steel, also Sam's $92. BOTH RATED 200M. Both worked, but he fretted over the scrathes from its first use.
>>Interesting conversation started on cruise after the ladies bought $$$$jewels at "duty free" shops onboard cruise and in Grad Cayman. Wee boys made them cry when we noted our watches were selling for $90 (G-shock, on-board) and $122 (Wenger, Cayman).
>>Wives, buyers beware of DUTY FREE

Back
Top Bottom