What watch do you dive with?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Okay I am wierd.... I use a Citizen Navihawk.. I guess I am the only guy on the board with a watch with a built in Avaition slide rule.

Windwalker once bubbled...
Okay I am wierd.... I use a Citizen Navihawk.. I guess I am the only guy on the board with a watch with a built in Avaition slide rule.

Guess you can glide thru water then, with your aviation controls :) Any chance of using the slide rule under water? :eek:

Perhaps, they should have interchangable slide rules, slot in the RDP slide rule for diving!

Citizen Eco-drive Aqualand. Good backup, great crystal - dependable and just a nice watch all around.

bakpakka once bubbled...

Guess you can glide thru water then, with your aviation controls :) Any chance of using the slide rule under water? :eek:

Perhaps, they should have interchangable slide rules, slot in the RDP slide rule for diving!

Actually its just a Log scale, it should work for Air consumption and what not as well.. Assuming that I am not too narc'd up to use it.

That would be the main problem, I guess.

Rolex Submariner.... if I was smoking crack, at least!

Timex Ironman. It's been to 130 feet with me with no problems.

~W

I actually found a Timex watch covered in muck at the bottom of a Quarry. It was almost seven years ago while doing my AOW. It's still looped around a D-ring on my BC keeping perfect time :D

After reading this thread, I just bought a Citizen Hyper Aqualand as a backup to my computer. But now that I've just unpacked it and I've had a chance to read the user manual I'm concerned or confused (or both) about one function.
It seems a 5 second audible alarm will sound if the diver is ascending too fast, but there doesn't seem to be a way to either deactivate it altogether or to acknowledge it (by pressing a button) to get it to stop in a second or two without the full 5 second blast. This is concerning for two reasons: first, I use my primary computer's visual display to monitor my ascent and I'm quite happy with its silent warnings; I hate unecessary beeping noises (as do other divers nearby), especially from a unit I'm only keeping as backup . Second, a question: will it ring the alarm again and again if I move too fast a few different times during the same ascent? On my primary, if the ascent moves into the red zone, I hold up a bit until it comes back to yellow or green; if it happens again, I see it again and slow down again; in any event, the repetitive alarm is silent.
Now I realize part of the answer here is to get my ascents under better control, but I've been content with my present silent warning system telling me I'm occasionally speeding. Any ideas or information much appreciated.

JeffMandell once bubbled...
After reading this thread, I just bought a Citizen Hyper Aqualand as a backup to my computer. But now that I've just unpacked it and I've had a chance to read the user manual I'm concerned or confused (or both) about one function.
It seems a 5 second audible alarm will sound if the diver is ascending too fast, but there doesn't seem to be a way to either deactivate it altogether or to acknowledge it (by pressing a button) to get it to stop in a second or two without the full 5 second blast. This is concerning for two reasons: first, I use my primary computer's visual display to monitor my ascent and I'm quite happy with its silent warnings; I hate unecessary beeping noises (as do other divers nearby), especially from a unit I'm only keeping as backup . Second, a question: will it ring the alarm again and again if I move too fast a few different times during the same ascent? On my primary, if the ascent moves into the red zone, I hold up a bit until it comes back to yellow or green; if it happens again, I see it again and slow down again; in any event, the repetitive alarm is silent.
Now I realize part of the answer here is to get my ascents under better control, but I've been content with my present silent warning system telling me I'm occasionally speeding. Any ideas or information much appreciated.

Yes, and even more amusingly, it will alarm ascent rate as you wave your arms around working or gesturing or (if it's on that arm) raising your inflator hose to exhaust position.

It quickly becomes something you ignore entirely; it's pretty faint in any case under water.

--Laird

I am also on the Timex Ironman bandwagon. I have used them for all my diving < 150ft for a very long time, with no problems. BUT
I also use a Posieden Professional 200 meter stainless watch for all my deep dives that I really like.

Dive Safe!

Kvdivr

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom