What watch do you dive with?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Snafu once bubbled...
IMHO .. when you buy good watch, you supposed to abuse it; not leaving it at home, in car or in the room when you go diving ... I have seen guys doing it.

Came down to resort with ROLEX, Omega..TAG but dives with other makes ... reason is not to scratch the watch because is an expensive watch.
:D

:mean:

Agree 100%.

I have an Omega Seamaster which hasn't been off my wrist in years. I bought it when I was working offshore a while back and was fortunate to be earning good money but not much time on shore to spend it, so bought a few luxury items. I got the watch because it would never need batteries and was totally waterproof. It's got surprisingly few scratches for the abuse it's taken. I'll never approach it's dive limits but it'll always tell me the time.

Makes me smile when people buy Rolex submariners etc and then take them off to dive. I mean, didn't you buy it so that you could dive it ;D

J.

Freeflyer once bubbled...

Agree 100%.

I have an Omega Seamaster which hasn't been off my wrist in years. I bought it when I was working offshore a while back and was fortunate to be earning good money but not much time on shore to spend it, so bought a few luxury items. I got the watch because it would never need batteries and was totally waterproof. It's got surprisingly few scratches for the abuse it's taken. I'll never approach it's dive limits but it'll always tell me the time.

Makes me smile when people buy Rolex submariners etc and then take them off to dive. I mean, didn't you buy it so that you could dive it ;D

J.

:) could not have said it any better!!!!

I love looking at my abuse diving watch..with all the scratches.. looks cool too.

Yeah... buy it & use it!!!!

:mean:

Yeah, most of the scratches tell a story, and cause me to reflect on their cause. I have one major scratch on the crystal of mine, caused by a young ladies diamond ring during a rather 'heated' event.

Every time I look at my watch it makes me smile.

J.

kwesler:
Was $100...I bought three of them for me, my son and my wife. Built like a tank, depth, logs 20 dives with automatic dive time, avg depeth, water temp...

Such a great value they discontinued it almost immediately. Ken

Me TOO! Casio DEP-610 best watch I have ever owned for diving and hate the fact I can't replace it if they ever fail.

Hallmac

Citizen Aqualand Duplex with two tone metal band. I've been using it for 5 years now, never had a problem and I love it as a dive and dress watch. My only dislike is that it only saves 4 dives, so I have keep on top in logging my dives so I don't lose the information. Now Citizen is coming out with eco-drive dive watches...when they make a version of mine, I'll buy it!

I've always wanted a Rolex Submariner until I found Invicta which looks identical, does everything a Rolex can do, but only costs around $100. I sat next to a guy on the plane with the real Mccoy and he could tell my watch wasn't the same as his Rolex. The Rolex Submariner is an icon of scuba...maybe it is all the James Bond and Jacque Cousteau films. Check out an Invicta...I have two. :yourkiddi

I dive with a Citizen Hyper Aqualand. This is a quality watch that does alot of things for a reasonable price. :palmtree: Bob

Sinn 103 St Sa. Automatic swiss movement with cronograph, 200m WR, sapphire crystal front and back. SS case and bracelet. Sinn produces watches for Bell&Ross, so they are almost identical.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom