What type of dry glove system is this?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Savoir

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I bought a used dry suit on eBay and the suit has rigid cuffs. The gloves are not included in the auction and the seller only provides the diameter of the cuffs as information (4").

Since the suit is from Northern Diver, I assume it could be their own dry glove system. But the pictures from their web page don't seem to match what I see in the auction. I haven't received the suit and would like to order the gloves now to save some time.

6iFsb.jpg

0Ehag.jpg

Diving Concepts replied and told me that it was not their own system. Although, they offered me a product called "Ring Seal Dryglove" for 120$. It seems expensive if all I need are rubber gloves. Any other suggestions?

Rubber/latex gloves and an "o-ring to fit in the groove. Only bad part is if you tear a glove you flood the suit since there is no wrist seal.

tb

I received the equipment a few weeks ago and just had time to start thinking about my problem. I searched the web and couldn't find any system that is identical to what is installed.
Following tekdvr2 advice, I tried it out with a disposable latex glove and a rubber band. It looks good. Now, I just need to order the right O-ring. I'm looking at a AS568A-420, 3-7/8" i.d. x 1/4" width, 9452K244 on McMaster. Comments?

Unknown dry glove system attached to Northern Diver dry suit - Minus

Can't the seller tell you what kind of dry glove system was used?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom