What type of dives do you actually do the most of?

What types of dives do you actually do the most of?

• Class, Instruction

Votes: 6 13.0%
  • Recreational

Votes: 38 82.6%
  • Commercial

Votes: 2 4.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Recreational now but at one time it was classes. i dont get to dive much anymore but when i do, its for fun. :)

back when i was working as a Divemaster for a shop and workng a lot of classes, that was fun also. you will find that most Divemasters and Instructors will tell you the same thing, if it wasnt fun teaching, not many would do it.

steve

My fun dives are almost all cave dives. I promissed myself that I'd get in more wreck diving this year but I got busy closing my shop and by the time my schedule clears of cave dives and the classes I need to finish up the Great Lakes season will be nearly over. Next year I'll try to get in a weekend a month or so on the Great Lakes along with a like number of cave trips.

I know a fair number of instructors who only dive with students and NEVER dive recreationally just for fun unless they go on a vacation somewhere.

Not me... I insist on doing more recreational diving than student diving. That's probably why I'm so selective in my classes and don't work the shop "rotations" -- I teach for the love of the sport and I dive for the love of the sport... I want every dive I do with students to be every bit as enthusiastic as the ones I do for fun. The last think I ever want to be is the crotchety old burned out instructor type.

Most of my dives are in an aquarium at the Virginia Marine Science Museum.

It's weatherproof and year round, so despite only being about four times a month the number of dives keeps counting up while boat trips get cancelled.

Does the Museum allow non-employee divers to dive there?

My kids and I (I'm from NC) came up and did one of those whale watching trips with the museum a couple of years ago.

It was worth the travel time and cost.

Dan,

The members of the dive team are museum volunteers. All I get out of it is a museum membership plus some really interesting experiences.

There was a program for visitors to go into the harbor seal tank. I don't know if that is still running or any other details for that matter. There was some noise about exploiting the seals since PETA is right over in Norfolk.

There are three inside aquariums that we dive plus the seal tank which is outside. I dive the Chesapeake Bay Aquarium since the scheduling is very flexible and since I retired from the Navy, my schedule can be pretty wild.

I don't think there is a state residency requirement to be a volunteer.

Since I work int the water 5 days a week and only get to play 1 day a week, the answer would be commercial diving.;-0

Back
Top Bottom