Votes: 30 26.3%
  • advanced 351-499 dives

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • the anti-newbie >500

Votes: 24 21.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey Colin,

Have you found those dive flag speedos that we talked about. We need to make sure that we can get them in large and extra-large. I also want some black socks and dress shoes for the surface intervals. Trying to fit in with the Snow Birds...

I love Newbie divers! Especially the ones who buy all the gadgets and drop them on the reef for me to find later! After a decade of not diving I got back in the water (After taking a class to catch up on all the new theory, what's a safety stop? Doppler? isn't that the weather satelite on channel 5? Safety Sausage make sure it's cooked can't trust pork) with my newly certified wife and in the first few dives SHE found, A NEW Cressi CLEAR snorkel, A Dive Light, and a MAcro Lens to a Sea and See camera! It is great that she was able to enjoy the dive and find such treasures, especially since I had bought all those things at FULL RETAIL! I have since rekindled my interest in knot tying and can Bend, Hitch, Seize, Turn and Lash now like a boy scout.. okay maybe a cub scout, BUT I Drop NO more gear! I am always on the look out for hidden treasure though!

Bob3:
Not to hijack the thread (much), but the "mask on the forehead" thing was dreamed up pretty recently. As a concept, the reasoning behind it shows more "desk diving" than "water diving". :eyebrow:

So true.
34 years of diving, 10,000 plus dives, and I still have to hear, You have your mask on your forehead, are you in Distress? on the boat.
I just cannot tolerate my mask around my neck.
Aloha Turtleguy

Turtleguy:
So true.
34 years of diving, 10,000 plus dives, and I still have to hear, You have your mask on your forehead, are you in Distress? on the boat.
I just cannot tolerate my mask around my neck.
Aloha Turtleguy

The mask thing was designed for moron divers who didnt know not to stand in the surf zone without holding thier mask.

I wear mine backwards on my head all the time or I put it right in my fin pocket.

Curt, I wear mine the same way. I truely dislike the mask around the neck thing, it is very uncomfortable for me.

CBulla:
Curt, I wear mine the same way. I truely dislike the mask around the neck thing, it is very uncomfortable for me.

Ditto for me. I always feel like I'm choking. I wear mine backwards. If it was good enough for Sheck in all of those photos, it's good enough for me.

BTW, ScbaBabe, I think the out-of-water diver needs to be the Speedo model for the OceanWatch event. (Hmmmm, maybe PADI will consider "Speedo Diving" a Local Specialty, like Spiegel Grover Diver. Let's see, to be a certified Speedo Diver, you have to wear your speedo (at least 2 sizes too small), your black socks and your leather dress shoes to the dive; you have to let your console and octo drag the reef. You have to try and ride a turtle... ) :crafty:

I just take my mask off and hook it on my wrist, I hate having it around my neck and wearing it on my head causes it to fog up.

shutters at the mention of a padi speciality for speedo's. there are some things that need to be uninvented and speedo's is one of them.

Paul

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom