Votes: 30 26.3%
  • advanced 351-499 dives

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • the anti-newbie >500

Votes: 24 21.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wstein:
I don't want to see a speedo diver!!!! Never ever, not in a million years. And if I do, it is going to take a lot of therapy sessions to get over it.Paul

What or who is speedo diver?? Should I ask? Or should we all heed your advice?

CBulla:
Guess your not diving next week for Ocean Watch eh?

If your going to be there in speedo's, I don't think so.

Yo man.......

Being newbies have advantages !!! people tend to give you more attention compared to advanced and level above. i know that those anti-newbies always think that newbies are always in their ways but, everybody have to start from newbies. Nobody in this world could speak Englich from the moment they were born. Diving is about leisure and knowledge, not showing off skill.

So, no mattter in what level you are now, we are in DIVING FAMILY.

RastaDiver:
Nobody in this world could speak Englich from the moment they were born.

I could.

RastaDiver:
Yo man.......

Being newbies have advantages !!! people tend to give you more attention compared to advanced and level above. i know that those anti-newbies always think that newbies are always in their ways but, everybody have to start from newbies. Nobody in this world could speak Englich from the moment they were born. Diving is about leisure and knowledge, not showing off skill.

So, no mattter in what level you are now, we are in DIVING FAMILY.

I have learned an awful lot from folks that could be classified as newbies (although we all could be classified as newbies by someone I suppose..)

The biggest thing is they are not set in a paticular way of doing things, they are still thinking outside the box and I have seen them come up with some outstanding ideas and questions!

You know one of the greatest things about instructing diving is seeing the look on someone's face the first time they are breathing underwater! One of the greatest things to see!!!

Ever stopped to think that even Cousteau was a newbie once and I have a lot of photos showing him with his mask on his forehead?

miketsp:
even Cousteau was a newbie once and I have a lot of photos showing him with his mask on his forehead?

Yeah, heheheh,, thats cool hehehe,

I on the other hand was born with 9 months diving experience.

A lot of good responses. I guess my main reason
for posting the poll was that I thought being
in Florida most of the people to respond would
have hundreds of logged dives. I guess the neophytes
are in the lead at the moment. I agree with
RastaDiver in that we are one diving family.

...photos showing him with his mask on his forehead...
Not to hijack the thread (much), but the "mask on the forehead" thing was dreamed up pretty recently. As a concept, the reasoning behind it shows more "desk diving" than "water diving". :eyebrow:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom